it is definitely not done yet, but I'm so excited about the progress on Miles' big boy room! It has come a really long way in just a month! So far, we have:
- Painted the room Benjamin Moore's Polo Blue (my favorite navy!)
- Added two twin beds, courtesy of my in-laws
- Installed new drapes from Homegoods - $16 for a packet of two... can't beat that!
- Got new navy cotton jersey sheets from Pottery Barn Kids
- Got new bedskirts from RH Baby & Child
- Got new pillows from RH Baby & Child (here and here)
- Got new duvet covers from RH Baby & Child (not pictured, on backorder until October! Boo!)
- I also framed some really cool patent prints I found at this cute little shop in Powell, Touched. Frames are from Target, the Threshold brand.
The airplane print we had in Miles' nursery but it is from RH Baby & Child. The dresser is one my parents have had forever. It is a beast, it holds so much. I love it! I debated painting it but decided it to leave it as is, for now. The desk is also one I've had since I was a kid. I think I need new hardware on it because this is kind of feminine, but at the same time I am kind of liking the white on white...
Also, in case anyone is wondering, the fan is from Restoration Hardware (probably 7 years old) and the diaper pail is Ubbi (Best diaper pail EVER! Uses regular trash bags = priceless!)
The lights (which I LOVE!) are ones we have forever from Pottery Barn. They actually still carry them, here. I think they are perfect for this room!
The other blankets and bedding are ones we have around the house forever.. Just using them in here temporarily until the new duvet covers come in.
What's still left to do? We need a rug, headboards, and we want to install a book nook in the corner so Miles can have his own little library. This kid loves reading!
I love this room! I hope it inspires sweet dreams and big dreams for Miles as he grows!
PS - Sorry about the terrible quality photos! This room has an interesting balance going between the dark walls and all the natural light, and my C- photography skills just can't capture it very well!