Cleaning and keeping the house picked up has been on my mind a lot lately.. Probably because it is very, very difficult to keep up with when you have a newborn and a wild, energetic two-year old running around! That being said, I decided to pull together a list of my top 10 favorite home keeping products that help me out around the house:
1) Kik-Step Stool. I use this thing a dozen times a week for dusting, putting away hard to reach dishes, wiping windows, painting - you name it!
2) Williams-Sonoma Hand Soaps and Lotions. My little splurge because they look beautiful and smell delicious!
3) Williams-Sonoma Dish Towels. I've used these FOREVER! They hold up really well and come in the perfect colors. A staple in my kitchen!
4) The Magic Strainer. This collapsible silicone strainer is the BEST. It has a long handle so it can rest between the ledges of the sink and leave your hands free while you dump your pasta, fruit, veggies, etc.
5) OXO Dish Brush. Looks good and is just the right size and shape. Holds a few squirts of soap in the handle to quickly press a button and clean a dish without digging the dish soap out from under the sink. You can also buy replacement heads for it
6) Rowenta Steam Iron. I hate ironing. This is sooo easy to use! Also works well on drapes, pillow cases, etc. 1000x faster than ironing.
7) Shark Floor Steamer. I owe my clean floors to this product and this product alone! It is seriously more effective than washing the floor on your hands and knees. (Believe me, I know from experience!)
8) Dyson Compact Vacuum. We have 3 floors in our house and I'm constantly moving our vacuum up and down between the three of them (four if you include the basement!) This one is great because it is super lightweight and easy to maneuver. I never thought you could love a vacuum, but I do!
9) Weiman's Stainless Steel Cleaner. Only stainless steel appliance cleaner I've ever found that actually works!
10) Fresh flowers and candles. Now these aren't necessarily a homekeeping product, but these two things always lift my spirits no matter how many dishes are in the sink, footprints are on the floor, and toys are scattered around!
(Click the pictures below for a link to the product!)
Any other items you'd recommend? I'm always up for trying new things!